A little puttering. A little squirming. Rubbing her face with her newly-available hands. A little sucking on the blanket. Then quiet stillness.It's day five in the new world of non-swaddled sleeping for our little lady. The nap and nighttime rituals have gotten easier so we decided to embarked on this next step. The days of extended rocking, swaying, and soothing seem to be mostly behind us. No more hours spent in the middle of the night. The delicate transition from being held to being placed in the swing or crib is no longer so delicate. The swing...seems like ages ago that Elsa would only sleep in the swing. Guess she's officially growing up. She's becoming independent. But that's what we want.
Right?
My sister once blogged about being in Target and having one kid begin dancing in desperate need to use the bathroom while the other kid made a valiant effort to muster up a good fit about leaving his current location. A lady saw her and said, "I miss those days. I know it sounds crazy, but I do."
I am proud of our sleeping beauty. And I like going to bed knowing that even on a "bad night" I'll still get five hours of sleep. But I think I already miss those days. I know it sounds crazy, but I do...
1 comment:
Actually, the second kid was throwing a valiant fit because he wanted to get out of my grasp so he could wander the aisles grabbing toys and putting them into the cart. :)
Post a Comment