
Beach Salsa was conceived of and born at Cajun's Dream. Every time I make it I am reminded of that wonderful getaway in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. May it bring a little summer sun and beach-blown hair your way as well!
BEACH SALSA
1 can diced tomatoes
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
4 peaches or nectarines, peeled and chopped
1/4 C red onion, minced
2 jalepeno peppers, minced
1/2 t habenero pepper, minced
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1 T lime juice (approx. 1/2 a lime)
4-5 squirts chipotle Tabasco
1 1/2 t chili powder
1 t cumin
salt (to taste), approx. 2 t
sugar (to taste), approx. 1 1/2 T
handful fresh cilantro (or to taste), diced
Mix all ingredients together. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.
(Intended for a crowd, and only stays fresh for a day or two. Modify quantities if need be.)
2 comments:
Thanks for the tasty recipe! It's on the summer "to-make" list for sure. Now if I could somehow recreate a beach in my yard... ;-)
Planning to make this this weekend! Can't wait :)
Post a Comment